I made these Healthy Peanut Butter Kisses this afternoon, a new recipe I created that would be both healthy yet satisfying for my husband Jeff!
My go to for beating boredom on cold winter afternoons is typically either 1. bundling for a walk or 2. baking (after a workout of course!) and often times both! Unfortunately for Jeff , my choices on what to bake aren't always super healthy , because I know how much he loves a good chocolate chip cookie made with real butter and sugar! Which is fine, however I know he would appreciate something better for his waistline during these less active months. Today, I thought I would make use of some pantry ingredients I had on hand....Peanut butter and chocolate Hershey kisses I got on discount after Christmas! Here is what I came up with:
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chucky natural peanut butter (I used Teddies)
- 1 egg (can omit to make this vegan)
- 1/4-1/3 cup agave or honey (or can use coconut sugar)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. quick cook oats (can use GF oats too)
- Chocolate Hershey Kisses for topping.
- preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas. Stir in peanut butter, egg and agave/honey until well combined.
- Add coconut flour and oats and mix well.
- line baking sheet with parchment paper and roll dough out into tbsp. size balls. Bake for 10-11 min
- Once out of the oven, press a Hershey kiss onto the top of each cookie and let cool