**This batch was made with the addition of peanut butter and peanuts to top!
Looking for a healthy treat to satisfy a sweet tooth? or a good pre- workout fuel that isn't full of additives, sugar, artificial sweeteners or preservatives? Try these simple and nutritious cookies made with just 4 ingredients: Bananas, oats, egg whites and cinnamon. They may be shaped like a cookie, but certainly are better for your body as they are filled with fiber, natural sugar from the bananas, protein from the egg whites and a blood stabilizing affects from the cinnamon.
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 3 cups gluten free quick cook oats
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas in a large boil, add in egg whites and mix well. Add in oats and cinnamon , and optional coconut oil for added fats.
- lightly grease a baking sheet and spoon out mixture into 1 1/2 inch rounds . Bake for 10-12 minutes.
These "cookies" are perfect for endurance athletes looking for something natural and healthy to fuel their next workout, as they are great to have as a quick energy source before, during and of course after!! You could also swap the bananas with sweet potato if you want to try something new , or if you don't love the taste of bananas. The options are endless. Try adding in any of the following combinations:
- raisins + walnuts
- chunky natural peanut butter, topped with peanuts and/or choc chips
- mix in protein powder of choice into batter (id suggest a chocolate or plain)
- mix in chocolate peanut butter powder and top with peanut
- cranberries + pecans (or nut of choice)