Sorry for the lack of recipe posts! I realized I hadn't made granola in FOREVER. I had wanted to try something different from the typical varieties I make, so I decided to test out a recipe with quinoa! Success!!
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa (can use any variety)
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat bran
- 1/2 cup gluten free quick cook oats (could do regular rolled oats as well)
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon (yes I like a lot of cinnamon!)
- pinch of salt (optional, I do not add)
- 1 egg white whisked/mixed well
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- about 1/2 cup nuts , I used walnuts and almonds . sunflower seeds also great!
- In saucepan or microwave melt your coconut oil (combine honey with it if yours it super thick). In the meantime whisk 1 egg white in your large mixing bowl.
- add quinoa, oat bran, oats , cinnamon and nuts into the large bowl with egg white and mix together. Then add in your coconut oil and honey , mix well.
- lay out on a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20 min in a 350 degree oven. Tim may vary depending on how big a sheet pan you used and how spread out the mix is, and how hot your oven gets. mix granola half way to make sure all edges get browned a bit. Enjoy!
Usage Tip: Great topped over siggis plain Icelandic yogurt with berries (my favorite way to eat it!) or to munch on with morning coffee or tea! Can even be great for a quick pre workout snack on the go, OR mixed with some almond or soy milk for a desert!